The ideal process for:
- Refurbishing of Legacy Components
- Removing the oxidized plated lead finish and re-placing with a fused intermetallic Sn/Pb finish.
- Gold Embrittlement Mitigation: Removes the gold from the component leads by solubilizing in molten Sn/Pb solder. Gold washing and gold removal using molten solder technologies support the gold replacement process which is 100% J-STD-001 compliant.
- Tin Whisker Mitigation: Replaces the tin plating with fused Sn/Pb alloy.
- Convert RoHS components to Sn/Pb
- Convert Sn/Pb components to RoHS compliant
- Solderability Testing
- Incoming Solderability test using a wetting Quality Control T balance tester to determine the flux type. Flux type best suited to the lead conditioning
- Component predetermined
- Careful handling and fixturing of the components in a completely ESD safe environment
- Flux applied to the leads (chemistry predetermined)
- Apply preheat to activate the flux and raise the component body temperature to reduce thermal shock